This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
Mercy Thompson Series
- Conservative legislators began making noise about a registration policy. The government agencies began quietly making lists of fae they thought they could use—or who might be used against them, because throughout Europe and parts of Asia, the lesser fae were forced out of hiding by the Gray Lords.
- Adam is supposed to be speaking to government officials about legislation dealing with werewolves
- the fae, by accepting the reservation system, had opened up the path for a bill to be introduced in Congress to deny the werewolves full citizenship and all the constitutional rights that came with it
- ironically, it was being proposed as an amendment to the Endangered Species Act
- Campbell had been in office for over twenty years and was one of the loudest anti-fae, anti-werewolf voices in Congress42
- he had been arguing for giving law enforcement the power to kill rogue werewolves or fae with only a judge's warrant
- he had a lot of bipartisan support and was a man with a plan; a centrist who didn't fall into either the conservative or liberal camps, so could be cheered on by both sides43
- Senator Campbell Republican Minnesota: anti-werewolf voices in Congress. Ever since a few werewolves killed—and mostly ate—a man in Minnesota, he had been arguing for giving law enforcement the power to kill rogue werewolves or fae with only a judge’s warrant43
- if Campbell died and was killed by a werewolf, it would destroy the détente between those who want to kill the wolves and those who want to see them as good people with a terrible disease
- Looking for people in Cantrip who have problems with werewolves and the current legislation is like looking for cheese in Wisconsin.
- Hauptman has been doing his level best to keep our relations with the werewolves from reaching the boiling point
Alpha & Omega Series
- Almost three decades ago,the year the fae came out, three of our wolves reported being contacted by unnamed government agencies who threatened exposure if they didn’t cooperate. One wolf was told that his family was at risk.“This year, forty-two of our wolves were contacted—by government
- Endangered Species Bill
- Senator Heuter: He’s one of the proponents of that bill to include us as an endangered species
- And therefore not citizens,” Anna said. “I don’t suppose it would be of as much interest to you as it is to us werewolves. He also wants to RFID tag us as if we were pets who might go astray.” That one hasn’t made it into a bill yet,” Anna said. “But it’s been in a couple of his speeches.”
supernatural_legislation.1622950932.txt.gz · Last modified: 2021/06/05 20:42 by linda